Glendale Home And Attic Insulation
When Glendale residents are considering types of home-and-attic insulation to have installed, there are different materials from which they can choose. One option is cellulose home and attic insulation. Another option is fiberglass insulation, in either rolled batts or blown-in application. In both cases, cellulose and fiberglass, the greatest degree of home efficiency is achieved through a careful professional installation of the material. The smallest gap or uncovered area creates an unexpectedly large percent of heat loss/gain in the home.
Types of Home and Attic Insulation for Glendale Properties
Another option that is available to contractors and residents in Glendale is to have the home-and-attic insulation sprayed into the wall cavity. They should consider the following points:
- Cellulose, fiberglass, and wool can all be sprayed into an open cavity. Because sprayed insulation is accomplished by a mixture of adhesive and water, Progressive Insulation & Windows excludes this methodology as non-viable.
- Another way home-and-attic insulation can be installed in Glendale properties is by blowing in additional fiberglass or cellulose insulation. The blown-in material is dry and accomplishes the purpose of insulation without accompanying dampness.
- Fiberglass can also be installed in batts or rolls. However, the material must be cut and installed with care to avoid unnecessary compression of the material and to avoid even the smallest gap in the install area.
- Rolled batts can only be installed in areas that are open, for example, the attic.
- Walls and floors with dry-wall already installed must be accessed for blown-in insulation.
Residents of Glendale and contractors in the area can purchase home and attic insulation, as well as entry doors and windows, from Progressive Insulation & Windows. The company carries many energy-efficient products from leading manufacturers, including Johns Manville and CertainTeed.